Monday, October 12, 2015

Geolica Coco 30 Brown Review

Returning to my request for natural lenses I've got my first pair of non-yearly lenses from geocolouredlenses. These are the Geolica Coco 30 Brown. A gorgeous natural brown lenses that provides a ring of color around the iris.

Enlargement
At 14.5mm I was prepared to not expect much enlargement but they were actually pretty impressive for that diameter and print. Then I remembered any time you put a ring around an iris that's a recipe for some enlargement and while these won't get you the cartoonish dolly eyes that say the EOS Candy series will, they're great for a more subtle approach.
Print
The pattern has a nice gradient effect with most of the color located at the outer rim. So when I wear them they look a bit like a case of central heterochromia, which I actually do have naturally, but mine is grey going into green. Since the gradient is fine this doesn't produce a keyhole but gives you a somewhat natural ring of color around the outer iris, how natural this effect appears is dependent upon your natural eye color. On me the contrast is a touch too much to look totally natural up close but at distance of a foot or so I'd bet anyone would guess my eyes were totally brown.
Up close, this would probably look really subtle and pretty on hazel, light brown and amber eyes for great blending and just a bit of enlargement. Another cool thing about this print is that, depending on what angle you look at them from, the degree of thickness of ring looks different. It can look slimmer or bigger depending on where your looking at them from and how big or small your pupil is at the time and I really like lenses with that effect. These lenses are reminiscent of Dueba Angel EX Black in regard to their print and those were another pair that were my favorite for when you do want a bit your your natural eye color to peep through. The only reason they get a nine, instead of a 10 on their print is that I wish the color reached inward just a little bit.
Comfort
These lenses are 2 week lenses. Small lifespan compared to the circle lenses you can get that last year for around the same price but I do have to say that since these aren't meant to last as long they are much more comfortable than standard circle lenses with year long life span. I had ZERO comfort issues with these lenses the entire time.
One Out
Daylight
With Flash
Enlargement: 7/10
Print: 9/10
Comfort: 10/10

4 comments:

  1. I love your lens, they look so narutal. Beautiful. :3

    Bai, Shiki

    [Beauty and Destroy]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm loving the naturalness of them too!

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful circle lenses and how they look on you *-* your look is really cute <3

    ReplyDelete