Friday, September 11, 2015

Geo Tri-Color Violet Lens Review (Geo Coloured Lenses Sponsored)

Firstly, I gotta say it's been such a long time since I've had a pair of violet lenses and boy have I missed it! Today I am reviewing the Geo Tri-Color Violet, again, for the fine folks at Geocolouredlenses. I thought it'd be fun to do a an Elizabeth Taylor -esque look for this review since she's probably the first person people think of when they hear "violet eyes".
I decided to pick a color from the Tri-color series again since my interest in going for more natural lenses lately is what led me to fall in love with this series of lenses and want to try every color that I can from it. They blend so beautifully and naturally but I wondered "could the same be said of an unnatural color"? Well...yes! I think they look quite natural for a violet lens
Enlargement
These are not different than Browns and Green in the enlargement department. The enlargement aspect of this is probably a lot of rehashing since the diameter is the same throughout the series (14.2 mm) but sometimes different colors within the same series can give different look in enlargement so I'll always cover that, just in case.
One out
Print/Pattern
Now, obviously they don't blend into my real eye color as nicely as the greens and brown lenses did since there is no color similar enough to the violet in my iris for the lenses to blend into. However if you have blue eyes, or blueish grey eyes these will probably blend really beautifully.
With flash
Vibrancy
The color reads on my eyes just as it does on the actual lens, which is great because I adore this shade of violet. I was surprised my natural color didn't cause them to be a little more muted while worn. I know "violet eyes" aren't a real thing, unless you're an albino, and that violet eyes are actually deep blue eyes that have red pigment in them and when the light reflects off those pigments it creates the illusion of a violet hue but if ever there was "natural" looking violet lens, these are it!
Natural light
Comfort
Comfort is on the same level as the Brown and Green lenses. A little drying after maybe 3 hours but nothing unbearable and nothing some eye drops can't fix.
Enlargement: 4/10
Print: 10/10
Vibrancy: 10/10
Comfort: 6/10

2 comments:

  1. wow the circle lenses colour is vibrant and beautiful
    You look gorgeous with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Usually lenses this vibrant look quite artificial, which is still fine, but I'm a big fan of how natural even an unnatural color can look in the series.

      Delete