Sunday, September 14, 2014

Manson White Lens Review (Spooky Eyes Sponsored) + Spooky Horror Doll Makeup.

Halloween season is upon us again and Spookyeyes.com was kind enough to send me a pair of  Manson White Contact Lenses by Dream Eyes to review and since these are like the lenses I usually I didn't think it'd be fair to review them the same way I normally score lenses. So my usual chart is out the window and I'm just gonna say what I think of the lenses. THEY ARE FRICKIN' AWESOME!
 
Print 
At first I thought these were the usual white out contacts, where only your pupil is visible, but then I noticed these have a rim around the outside. These rims make it look like your eyes are actually glowing! Like with most lenses with a print this opaque I was expecting a keyhole and while I do have tiny one under a flash with my eyes widened, there really isn't one to speak of (which I am thrilled about). You do get a bit of white tunnel vision if you dart your eyes around but with a print this opaque and an opening this small, I'd say that's impossible to avoid.
Comfort
They are very comfortable and these being my first pair of lenses commonly used for Halloween or special FX purposes, I wasn't sure what to expect comfort-wise but they're great. I wore them for at least 4 hours with no signs of discomfort (or impeding discomfort) during that time.
Overall I think they're really great and if you want white glowing eyes for any reason this Halloween (or any time!) these are a great choice.
 I was so excited about these lenses that it even inspired me to do a Halloween themed Spooky Horror Doll Makeup video. I even painted my arms and hands white for this video so I hope that speaks volumes of my enthusiasm. Making a video wasn't part of the sponsorship either, I was just genuinely that excited about doing something with these lenses! XD Still working on finding decent lighting, it's better in the bathroom but the colors look so bright and contrasted. Especially in this video where the colors where actually more muted.

6 comments:

  1. oh god *-* so creepy and cute, I love your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was aiming for creepy cute so thanks you! <3

      Delete
  2. I really love this makeup, still try, thanks for sharing.

    xoxo
    http://brainwashingb.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah those are cool and I love the whole all white look you did. Super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The lenses are pretty cool. Makes me wish I had more occasions to wear them!

      Delete