Saturday, September 13, 2014

EOS Ice Green Review (Pinky Paradise Sponsored) + Simple Dolly Makeup Video

Along with the G&G GBT Sky lenses, I also received a pair of EOS Ice Green lenses from Pinky Paradise to review. I'm doing these reviews in separate posts (and a few days apart) because I liked these lenses so much, I wanted to do a video featuring them. On to the review first though!
Enlargement 
They make your eyes pretty huge. They have a diameter of 14.8 and the print has a very thin but dark limbal ring which usually helps with the dolly eye illusion. Halo effects are also very common with these lenses, I've noticed. I've got one with these and it's usually pretty hard for me to get any kind of halo effect with circle lenses so I was happy about that. Halo effects are a matter of taste though, some people like them, some people don't. I do.
Print/Pattern
I love this pattern. It does very much live up to it's name, they look just like ice when it starts to form over water. Like on lakes and ponds in the winter. Or if you live in a hotter climate like me...perhaps you've seen it in an ice tray at some point? lol But it is that ice forming pattern and you can actually see that pattern a little better on dark eyes (I've noticed that too) but these work really great as eye color enhancers for people with light eyes because of the print. Which is kind of a catch 22. You get a pattern that blends really well into light eyes but it usually means it won't catch all the details of the pattern like dark eyes do (because it uses the darkness as a backdrop and provides contrast). But I love how they blend into light eyes and if you buy these in the color closest to your natural color they look especially stunning.
Vibrancy
These show up great on light eyes, they really pop and you can see their color from far away too. Not much to elaborate on, I'm very happy with this color!
Comfort
I had no problems putting these in or taking them out. They didn't dry out and they felt like nothing in my eyes. There wasn't even that brief moment of discomfort while my eyes adjust that I get with about 80% of circle lenses. Can't ask for more than that, right? I got so carried away with filming that forgot to take proper closeups until my make was a bit worn out so sorry if it's not as pristine as fresh makeup and forgot to take one in/one picture all together so a makeup-less shot of the size difference will have to do.

Enlargement: 10/10
Print: 9/10
Vibrancy: 10/10
Comfort: 10/10

Use code Memila to get a free gift with your Pinky Paradise purchase! 

As I mentioned before, these are the lenses featured in my newest makeup video for Simple Dolly Makeup so here that is.
 It may be autumn but it's still too hot for that hat! The hat also kept pulling my bangs up, so I took it off and did some pigtails instead.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! They are quickly becoming some of my favorite lenses.

      Delete