Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Spookyeyes Lens Review (Sponsored)

Hello! I'm back with another sponsored lens review but this time it's on a shop I have no previous experience with and that is Spookyeyes, they sell a variety of lenses ranging from Halloween lenses to natural looking 30 day lenses.  I was contacted by them to review of a couple of pairs of lenses of my choosing and since I was looking for something outside of my typical circle lenses (Geo, EOS ect.), I was happy to take the opportunity to try out some different lenses. I chose Natural Green and Blue Sparkle lenses, both  are by Dream Eyes and have a 1 year lens wear, although the site has different brands and options available if you're looking for something different. They were sent out right away and I got them very quickly.
I also love the way the site is organized by both lens color and lens style, it's very easy to find what you are looking for. I happen to be looking for green and blue lenses with an opaque pattern and with some enlargement capabilities. So not totally ditching the circle lens theme but I did wanna try a brand I hadn't before :D. One thing the site lacks in it's description of lenses though is something I am used to seeing on circle lens sites and that's things like diameter and base curve (you can find these details on the brands official website though so it's not that big a deal but it'd certainly be more convenient to have it in the description on the site). 

Natural Green
Something I must say about both sets of lenses is that despite the site's lack of human models, what you see is what you get. The prints are identical to the photos. Even though these are called "natural green" it's very hard to get a natural color on lenses with such a opaque print on them, I'd say they are on the bolder side but I like them better because of it.
 I love the shade of green and they meet most of my criteria for beloved lenses. They are easy to put in and take out, the print is easy to see if it is inside out or not, they give a good amount of enlargement (at 14.5mm) and they are very comfortable even after hours of wear.
OVERALL
Comfort: 10/10
Pattern/Print: 7/10
Vibrancy (on light eyes): 8/10
Enlargement: 8/10


Blue Sparkle 
Okay, so for whatever reason it is VERY hard for me to find blue lenses that I like. I'm very picky about color and pattern and have found very few (only three) that I've liked. HOWEVER since I did want something a little more bold (and dare I say cartoonish?) this time around, I threw my usual preferences out the window and opted for a set of the Blue Sparkle lenses.
I - LOVE - THIS - COLOR! Again, very easy to put in and take out, very comfy and a very pretty color. They are very vibrant in broad daylight but not so much in lower lights. It's a little harder to tell based on patter alone if they are inside out or not but this pattern definitely gives the illusion of being a bit bigger than the Natural Green despite the fact they are both 14.5 mm.
 There still is something of a keyhole with these but I don't mind so much because the pattern subtly zigzags off rather than being a clean cut circle. Which is not as good as a lens that blends seamlessly into your natural eye color but still really nice.
OVERALL
Comfort: 10/10
Pattern/Print: 9/10
Vibrancy (on light eyes): 10/10
Enlargement: 10/10

 The ONE issue I had with both these sets of lenses is one I've had with many lenses and that is the dreaded keyhole. (Less so with Sparkle Blue because the print doesn't stop in one harsh line.) It isn't something most people more than 14 inches away from your face would normally notice and some people don't mind them at all but it's usually just not my taste. Particularly if the lenses sit oddly on the eyes. My perspective, as always, is one of a person with light eyes though and I don't believe it will be noticeable on darker eyes as those can pass for large pupils from a very short distance (a capability most light eyes lack). Although I cannot attest to the vibrancy in color these lenses may, or may not, have on darker eyes. Overall I really like these lenses and despite the keyholes will wear them regularly as every other aspect of them is wonderful.

UPDATE: The days after I did this review the website has put up more details on the lenses for their site! Which, to me, shows they're very good and quick with handling feedback!

2 comments:

  1. You look pretty with both colors! Thanks for the review.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love both colors too.
      And you're welcome! :D

      Delete