Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Trying Mode.

It's been awhile since my last update and my first post back is about "that week I tried Mode gyaru" lol. If you've been following this blog for even a little while you've probably gathered, I'm not entirely devoted to any one gyaru sub-style. I've been looking at magazines like Jelly and Happie Nuts lately and have been taking a liking to mode gyaru, especially upon seeing shop staff photos of Murua. I really like Momoko Ogihara's style.
I feel like paying attention to the shop staff girls and street snaps gives you a much clearer picture of what the style looks like, as opposed to in the magazines where it's usually a mashup of models wearing mode and onee gyaru brands, probably why these two styles get lumped together, despite being noticeably different.

Some pictures I used for inspiration on the outfits.
Murua shop staff and Momoko.
Outfit
Top, Skirt, cardigan, necklace: Forever21
Shoes: Ebay
Headband: DIY
Mode Makeup Inspiration

I tried a different makeup style later in the week but I had to use my old camera because my memory card for my Canon is being a B.
A lot of heavy winged liner.
I haven't done a nail set in a looong time so it felt pretty right doing a simple set. I modeled these after a set I saw of Moko's but used a dark grey instead of black.
I probably won't try it again but it's a pretty style and was fun to try. :)

12 comments:

  1. You look really nice in that outfit!! And your nails are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I haven't done my nails in a while so I'm a little rusty.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks :) That's good to hear because I wasn't sure if it would or not XD

      Delete
  3. Mode looks really good on you! And wow, you found some great pieces to make up your look!

    Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that was one of the main reasons I wanted try mode because I thought I had some pieces that might for it...at least a couple of outfits worth anyway XD

      Delete
  4. Oooh hair is awesome. Makeup looks great. Nails are super stylish!

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The second style is just a wig because the heat ruined my faux bob the first time I tired to do one >:|

      Delete