Monday, May 27, 2013

A Sweet Spring: Modcloth gets and the outfits they create.

I recently purchased a few things from Modcloth (not too recently but still, I haven't updated in awhile), a store which specializes in vintage style clothing. I bought a dress, a top and a necklace.
I got this dress called the Sage Latte Dress. Kind of vaguely reminded me of Ank Rouge.
 I've been into lacey dressy pieces lately on account of the heat.
I finally got around to styling one of the wigs I mentioned in a previous post. I re-curled it, powdered it and teased it up a bit. I think it looks much better because the fiber was that hideous plasticy crap and the only way to get rid of that kind of shine was to use heat on it. 

The color is also more of a strawberry color and in the photo it looked tan colored. I remember I was the most disappointed with this wig out of the last three I bought so I did the best I could with what I had.
Dress: City Triangles (From Modcloth)
Shoes, Socks: Ebay 
Headband, Necklace, Ring: Forever21

I also got this top called the Harp Performance Top. It's actually a peplum top but I tucked it in  because the peplum really only looks good with skinny jeans and pencil/bodycon skirts. I tried to curl my hair but the heat and wind are like "nope" so just some slight waves...messy waves D: Jeez, I wish my hair ended up better XD
Top: Monteau (From Modcloth)
Skirt: K Too (From Go Jane)
Necklace, cuff, shoes: Forever21
Bunny Ring: Betsey Johnson
Bracelet: Off brand (aka I don't know)
The collar is my favorite part (the pearls underneath are my necklace).
This looked like it'd go with a more sophisticated outfit so I tried for a more onee gyaru look. So I took a queue from magazines like Happie Nuts, Vivi and Blenda and tried a lighter makeup that I'd call more or less "border-line gyaru makeup" or "barely gyaru makeup" lol.
Close up 0__0
Sometimes close ups make my nose look way bigger than it actually is XD I think it's the settings more than the angle. now that I've read some of these digital photography books I got from college. I really like bigger noses though so it's not a very big deal to me.

At the end of the week, I kind of recreated my birthday outfit since I didn't take an outfit picture that day, except I wore my extensions and waved my hair.
The outfit included the rose cameo necklace I bought in the same Modcloth purchase so I thought I'd let it in on this post.

Overall it's just been a very sweet themed week for me.
Dress, headband, ring : Forever21
Shoes: Ebay
Necklace: Modcloth

Oh yeah, and my Funko Pop Robin and Batgirl figures came, to go with my Batman. I used the gift card I got for my birthday to buy them. Now I've got a little Batfam going on. Still need the villains from this series XD
I've also started a diet and squat challenge early this month. So far, I've lost about 7 pounds but I don't think it really shows...must've all been back fat or something. That's it for updates.

14 comments:

  1. Loveed the pics! Your make-up looks flawless as always, and i'm in love with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My hair for my first onee gyaru try was really a flop XD but I tried to make it work.

      Delete
  2. you look so sweet.
    you're such a rolemodel when it comes to clothes and make up :3
    And I totally love the batman figures *_*

    www.kawaiikitschfairytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :'D That's so sweet <3

      I cannot deny, the Batman figures are pretty awesome! I wait can't to add more to my collection now.

      Delete
  3. Those lace dresses are so cute!

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're really nice to wear in the spring time, even in Arizona XD.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! (sorry about the late reply)

      Delete