Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Finding a little inspiration and a new dress.

Hello again! It's been a while since I've updated, but I really didn't feel like doing any outfit related posts until my sun burn healed. It FINALLY stopped peeling yesterday so I wore the dress I got on sale at Forever21 and got all dolled up.
The tiered ruffles remind me a lot of Betsey Johnson dresses, actually XD.
Tan line very obvious here >_<
The top half fit kind of oddly, particularly around the chest and the boning was really annoying and kept poking me. You'd expect a bustier top to have the effect of a...well bustier, but the under wire seems to just press the whole chest down and how close the straps are didn't help matters much either. I can't imagine anyone above a bcup fairing well in this :( Everywhere else on the dress fit fine though.
From the site.
So I took out the boning (which was easy to do since it wasn't anchored into the seam by any means, explaining the mystery of why it kept jabbing me) and I wore it with a strapless bra since the built in underwire is just ridiculous and doesn't do me any favors XD Still a fine buy at 11 bucks though, it looks nice and I was able to work out the minor kinks. The top still doesn't look as I'd hoped it would but at least it's more comfortable.
 I actually put this look together after I was going through my old photobucket and came across this old picture of Tsubasa and became a bit inspired by this rock n' roll Barbie motif she's got going on here, with the pretty dress meets the big hair, fishnet stockings, boots and jacket.
 I've also been loving Re:No's makeup. I think it looks great for rokku gyaru looks so I wanted to try something similar...even though I know a lot of people don't consider her gyaru because she models for Kera magazine but I think her makeup is very gal.
Dress, tights, hair flowers: Forever21
Jacket: GoJane
Shoes: Iron Fist
Necklace: Ebay
When I tried to get a couple of pictures of my makeup they were all blurred because I forgot to change the setting on the camera XD I have a weird tan line on my chest now from when I got sun burnt, I tried to cover it with some bronzer. I also received the lenses I won from Pinky Paradise. They're just replacements for my old Princess MiMi Brown lenses. Oh yeah and I decided to use my half wig. I got it a couple of years ago but I was going through my bag of wigs (yes I have a bag full of wigs) and realized I hardly ever use it.

22 comments:

  1. really like you hair *^*
    and also your outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair and makeup are perfection *~* Totally getting the rocker vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      That's great to hear since it was the vibe I was aiming for :D

      Delete
  3. You look great! Love your hair here ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)The half wig seems to be serving me well.

      Delete
  4. Love the whole tough yet dolly look!

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's fun to try and balance the two.

      Delete
  5. I love your outfit! Your shoes are very nice! And your hair is amazing! I wanna be able to do that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much <3 With some clip on bangs and a half wig you can do the hair, easy!

      Delete
  6. You looks super pretty and that's a gorgeous dress :) I was in London in Forever21 and I adore their fashion :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like a lot of the clothes they carry too but we don't have one in town so I have to order it online without getting to try anything on D:

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I think it's cute too :) I just wish I had more places to go where it'd be suitable to wear XD It's not very casual.

      Delete
  8. This suits you so good *_* beautiful Lady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your look is amazing! I love it so much *__*

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like your hair!! beautiful dress too :)

    do you want to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc?
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I don't really use bloglovin and gfc though.

      Delete
  11. I saw your pic on g_v and decided to check out the look on your blog. I adoooore you hair- what hair pieces are you wearing?

    Also, wow, I will admit I wasn't really a fan of yours before, but in recent entries your make has really stepped up! :) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing a 3/4 fall half wig and clip in bangs. I got both of them from Ebay well over a year ago so I don't remember the sellers. The half wig is one of those reversible ones though.

      Well, hopefully I've improved. I've been afraid I'd plateaued so may times over the years so that's nice to hear.

      Delete