Friday, February 22, 2013

New camera and my Anastasia trinket/music box.

Hello again! I finally got a new camera!...Well it's a two year old model but it's still pretty damn good! I got a Canon EOS Rebel T3i!

I've wanted a new camera for so long and I was gonna get one late last year but then my laptop broke and I had to replace it. My Olympus is fine and takes nice pictures but it's video capabilities are very limited. This one takes really great video and I hope to use it to update my youtube channel, which I have been neglecting for months.
I took a few test shots of just of my makeup and outfit today. Also have on my new wig, mentioned in the last post. I have no idea why my lipstick looks so dark here though XD
Top: DIY
Skirt: Glad News
Shoes: Forever21
Headband, Choker: Ebay
I was a little lost at first because the settings and button placements are very different than my old one. Since it is designed for novices, like my self, it was pretty easy get the hang of. It has some cool built in filters that you can adjust the strength on too that I've been messing with.
Toy Camera and Black and White
Funny inadvertent pic haha.
I also took some pictures of another recent purchase, my Anastasia music box that I got this week. I can't even tell you how long I've wanted this for XD Since I saw the movie when I was a kid I've wanted one like it and I love the song "Once Upon a December", which is the song it plays. Plus, I've always loved music boxes, mini carousels and ornate things like that so I'm glad I bought it. It's so beautiful and perfect for keeping my stud earrings in too XD
The San Fransisco Music Box Company makes these and they first came out in 1997 and at some point had ones that had a lighter green paint on them that looked more like the one in the movie but those ones also had an opening under Nicholas and Alexandra and couldn't really be used as a trinket box. The ones they have now are a much darker shade of green and that spot's been closed up so you can keep small items in there. The only pictures I could find of the old version are from very old cached auctions.
The old version
The hole that keeps it from being a trinket box
It's not exactly like the one in the movie, of course.
The one in the movie
With this one you just wind it at the bottom (no necklace/key and thus there isn't that space on the front to insert the necklace pendant) although they do sell the necklace too but it can't be used with this. Nicholas and Alexandra pop up in a standard music box fashion (they don't rise up and dance on a flat surface like in the movie). It's also a little bigger than the one in the movie looks and then just really nitpicky things like Nicholas' hair is darker and Alexandra's dress is lighter than in the movie XD but it IS just movie (albeit very loosely based on true events) and an animated one at that so of course it's not an exact replica. Still very cool though.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so jealous of your music box! I've loved the movie Anastasia since I was a little kid. Haha I still have the songs in my itunes. I didn't even know they sold replicas of the music box!

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of my favorites as a kid and I watched every History Channel special on the Russian Revolution afterwords XD. When I was a kid they sold a toy replica but I only recently found out they made these so I had to get one.

      Delete
  2. That music box is really really really beauitful!! Wow, so nice!! I used to love Anastasia too when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it was such a nice movie :D

      Delete
  3. You are beautiful!
    And i love the music box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the new wig suits you so well! and the cam takes awesome pics:3
    you look very pretty♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is quickly becoming my new favorite wig XD

      Delete
  5. I love your outfit and your make up. Its so great <3 Please make a tutorial for us ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I probably will once I get the video settings down and find enough time in the day to record it.

      Delete
  6. So envious of your Anastasia music box!! I so love that movie so much!>< <3

    ~Emi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! I was so surprised they made a real version of it!

      Delete