Friday, February 15, 2013

Gold lenses, Green lenses, new wigs and orange lipstick..

I got two new pairs of circle lenses late last week.
Since I'm prone to sticking to my comfort zone and re-buying lenses I already know I like, I wanted to try something new. I bought Seeshell Cosmo Seeshell Sunny Gold lenses and G&G GBT Green lenses.
I was pretty sure I'd like the Sunny Gold ones because they remind of my beloved Geo Nudy series, which I have bought several colors of and liked every one. But these are 15mm and I've come to realize that 15mm lenses with this print always sit weird on my eyes (like my geo nudy golden blues, also 15mm diameter) 14mm definitely looks much better with this kind of print on my eyes.
I think the color is pretty though and when there's not so much light in my eyes my pupils can reach the edge of the inner print and it looks fine.Plus,you can only tell when the light hits them at the right angle, but they do have a bit of a metallic sheen to them that makes them look like they sparkle. They are very comfortable too.
REVIEW
Comfort: 9/10
Design: 10/10
Enlargement: 10/10
Color: 9/10
Overall: 10/10

The GBT Greens did initially have me worried though. Since my real eye color is green, I was afraid they wouldn't read as circle lenses on me at all(I'm not exactly going for the natural look here!) plus they are 14mm and have very natural print. I've read complaints in the reviews that they weren't as vibrant as the pictures on the site make them look on dark eyes but since my eyes are not dark I figured I wouldn't have that problem so I decided to roll the dice and go for these ones.
Just as I thought, they really don't look like circle lenses on me and the color is just a more vibrant version of my natural color XD I guess these are nice if I want to amp up my natural color, they kind of remind me of when I got a pair from the EOS adult series, I bought the (original) blue and the color was SO pretty...but they just didn't look like circle lenses on me because of the print and smaller diameter. These still look nice with lighter gyaru makeup though and I wore my black wig because I thought it would be a good contrast to the eyes and make them stand out a little more. They are pretty comfortable up until about 4 when they dry out a little bit but nothing too bad.
REVIEW
Comfort: 10/10
Design: 8/10
Enlargement: 5/10
Color: 10/10
Overall: 9/10

I got three new wigs as well, recently. It's been a while since I bought any wigs so I got these three from ebay. I'll have more on them as I style them later on but I am really surprised and impressed with the middle wig so other than a little de-shining I don't think I want to style that one, like I do the others.
I also finally made some new nails. 
I haven't been making any lately for a couple of reasons. One: because I ran out of nails and Two: because with the last set I had on, one broke off after I only had them on for like two days (I banged my hand really hard on a table) and I couldn't find it and since I ran out of nails I couldn't make a replacement. So I had to remove the whole set. Whenever I remove a set prematurely I get a ton of hangnails though so I wanted to wait for those to heal while I also waited for my new nails to come in. I was looking at how much more interesting my nails used to be and I'd like to get back to doing more complex sets but I've been awfully uninspired in the nail department lately :(
Since my last post I've been trying out my new Milani Mandarina lipstick. I really love orange lips. I don't see it very much in gal, but of the few times I have I really liked it!
Shizuka Takeda, Blenda models and Rui Kotobuki.

22 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those gold lenses look so beautiful and vibrant. Now I'm considering getting some for myself!

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They are very pretty :D I don't know if the color is as vibrant on dark eyes but they show up quite yellowish in natural light, on me.

      Delete
  2. Those green lenses look really good on you!^^
    Especially with that black wig! ><

    ~Emi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) My main problem is that they look so much like real eyes I have to do a double take in the mirror to make sure I've put them in XD I'm terrified I might forget them and leave them in my eyes for too long lol.

      Delete
  3. They're both very cute.
    But I think you look better in blond hair looks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I like the blonde hair better right now too because I am so pale and black hair only calls further attention to it lol.

      Delete
  4. Pretty girl! With your fair complexion, I thin you'd suit almost all lenses :)

    panda-agenda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually kind of hard for me to find circle lenses that have a print I think will work for light eyes. Ones with a solid cutoff of the print by the pupil don't look very good on me :(

      Delete
  5. Those lenses look great on you! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  6. the golden lenses are so awesome T_T I'm so sad they only come in plano ;o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are a newer design/color for Seeshell cosmo (I think) so maybe they only have plano for now to see if there is any demand for them, they might get prescription later though.

      Delete
  7. *_____* the gold lenses aree soo pretty!!! <3 plus you look good in anything XD! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ninoshka! I'm actually surprised so many people like the gold ones since I was paranoid about them sitting weird on the eyes XD.

      Delete
  8. You look so cute with black or blonde hair or green or gold eyes!! O.O so lucky! Ahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like variety and versatility in hair and makeup so that's very nice of you to say :D

      Delete
  9. I've been thinking of trying some light golden wigs as well. Yours look so pretty. I love the new lenses- you look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to start styling them, wigs are so much fun. XD

      Delete
  10. Love those wigs. They look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised by how much they actually looked like the stock photos, apart from the darkest one being pretty shiny under a flash.

      Delete
  11. you always look so awesome!! *_*

    ReplyDelete