Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Natural" Gyaru Makeup (for the minimalist)

I finally got to finish editing the video I wanted to put up a while ago. Even with a lame editor like WMM, editing is still a bit of work. Well too much work for someone who was practically done the first time when the editing program decided to crash before I could save everything and has no more patience for editing. It took me a while to get to the point where I wouldn't be severely annoyed trying to put together the video again, but I digress. 

I didn't really know what I wanted to do for another video until I saw a post that wholeheartedly agree with and that got me thinking. What is the "bare minimum" of makeup required to look gal? I think it may be different for everybody and can be adjusted to suite your needs but for the most part natural gyaru makeup just doesn't really exist. It's more or less an oxymoron.

Products Used
Primer: Laura Geller Spackle (Champagne)
Concealer: Costal Scents/Ebay Concealer 10 Shade Palette 
BB Cream: Missha Perfect Cover (No.21)
Powder: MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural (Light Plus)
Contour: The Balm (Bahama Mama)
Highlight: Canmake Highlight Gradation
Blush: NYX (Peach)
Eye Shadow: Rimmle Quad (Smokey Brun/ Spices)
White Liner: Beautique (White)
Gell Liner: Femme Couture Gel Liner (Black)
Mascara: L'oreal Voluminous False Lashes (Blackest Black)
Top Lashes: Diamond Lash (Cat Eye)
Lip Liner: Elf Featherproof Lip Liner (Spice)
Lip Stick: Mac (Angel)
Lip Gloss: Elf Mineral Gloss (Pageant Princess)
Brows: Elf Brow Kit (Light)

It may not look like a lot when you see some of the girls that do their makeup like this but that's part of the artifice of gyaru and why I chose to put the word natural in quotes because this is still quite a bit of makeup by most people's standards and the steps are really still the same...and the number of products used is essentially the same too. The only difference is that they are applied to a lesser extent. So without further ado, here is the video.

I think it's also worth noting that this seems pretty open to interpretation, so I'd love to know what you guys think too. What do you consider make up requirements of gal to be? Bottom lashes? Circle lenses? Contouring? And on the opposite end of that, what do you think you could do without and still look gal?

7 comments:

  1. wow you are beautiful!

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing! Do you often use circle lenses. I'm new to them but I find that they are really dramatic and not really me for everyday use. Could you do a gyaru tutorial for naturally large eyes, please.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wear circle lenses every time I do gyaru makeup because I really think it helps pull the look together with the lashes and liner. They have circle lenses with smaller diameters and more natural looking patterns though if you just want a little drama lol. I'll try to get around to doing a video without lenses if I can work out a look I am happy with minus lenses.

      Delete
  3. this is so cute... i want to try it :)
    i dont like putting heavy make-up's coz some people call me by mistake a ~gay and dont like hearing it XD (told them im a real girl) haha anyway thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I hope the tutorial helps!

      Delete
  4. Hi~ i love your makeup *_* so beautiful~ just followed your blog ;)

    www.hellosasyachi.com

    ReplyDelete