Thursday, August 2, 2012

Okay...so I did it again XD

I am cursed when it comes to ash dyes! If you will recall last year I made the mistake of using an ash toned dye on my expensive extensions and turned them silver. Well guess what? Now I've done the same thing to my real hair! lol I admit, I am by no means a hair colorist and I am sure there is a scientific reason behind this, that I just didn't think would also effect my real hair. Buuuut it did.
Quite a pomp, no? lol
After all the pink was gone from hair, it was left in it's bleached glory and I decided I wanted an ash blonde, so I went over it with with this John Frieda medium ash blonde dye.
I thought, back when it was my extensions, that maybe this happened because whoever the extensions hair was from is a natural redhead, since I've heard of ash dyes making naturally red hair grey. But I am nowhere near being a natural redhead so now I'm thinking this just happens to hair that's been bleached? Maybe since all the color has been bleached out, the dyes pigments is a little too strong?
I never did get around to fixing the color of my old extensions since I just switched to ones that I made...that actually DID match my hair color back then. This was too good to waste though so I put in my grey extensions with my new grey hair XD
It came out the same color as my extensions...this weird, blondish, browny, grey color. Putting in my extensions had somehow helped tone down the silvery hue but when they are out, it is SILVER.
I think silver/grey hair is really cool but it's just not something I want to make permanent right now. That's why I bought the silver wig! So I'll probably fix this some time next week
So here's a really easy way to get ash hair if you want it! Step one bleach/tone your hair near white. Step 2 dye over that with a medium ash blonde dye. And you're done! 

9 comments:

  1. awww I think it looks really goood :D! but hopefully you get the hair colour you are looking for next time XDD! Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so too XD It was kind of naive of me to hope for a darker shade when my hair was bleached so light I guess lol.

      Delete
  2. I think this color really suits you! <3~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm already getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi just wondering if you ever got your hair back to a vibrant blonde colour rather than the grey ish colour because i have done the same to my hair and have no idea how to get it light again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh I'm sorry it took so long for me to see this comment! Yes I did, I had to get a golden blonde dye and go over it with that.

      Delete
  5. hi just wondering if you ever got your hair back to a vibrant blonde colour rather than the grey ish colour because i have done the same to my hair and have no idea how to get it light again xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would a light ash blonde work on bleached hair too? I don't want it to be too dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did this by accident XD but I guess, theoretically speaking, a light ash blonde dye would render a lighter result. Though I can't say that with absolute certainty.

      Delete