Saturday, June 9, 2012

Baviphat Magic Girls Plus bb Cream review



My new love
So I've been pretty loyal to my Missha Perfect Cover bb cream but it doesn't have great oil control and is a bit too heavy for the summer months. So with tempurateters now exceeding 100 degrees I was finally willing to broaden my bb cream horizon. 
Set with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Plus
I went on a hunt for one with better oil control and came across the Baviphat bb creams. I've heard this brand be refered to as the "Korean Benefit" many times due to it's vintage art style packaging and being the huge sucker that I am for cutesy packaging akin to brands like Benefit and The Balm I read more into the ones they offer and decided to try the Baviphat Magic Girls Plus bb Cream (Fresh for Oily Skin) since I heard it was lighter and had good oil control. It has SPF 30 and also contains ingredients like witch hazel, tea tree oil and machihyun extract, all known to be soothing to sensitive skin. 
 It comes in a tube and is available in #1 "fresh for oily skin" and #2 "moisturizing for dry skin." I'm still a little confused about their shade range, if any, because these bb creams are available in both varieties with two different packaging covers. I'm not sure if one is new and one is old or if these ever represent shade difference since I've seen #1 and #2 available in both packages however it says "it adjusts to your skin color once it's applied". 

The packaging I got (left) and the other packing it's available in.
Onto the actual product. It's relatively thick before it's spread out. It does have EXCELLENT oil control and gives you very natural looking skin. It really wears like a your skin but better bb cream. Not a lot of coverage here though and I can't say I'd recommend this to people that like that full coverage look Missha can give you. Although, if you have a powder foundation you could easily apm up the coverage by dusting a bit of that over it.

This by itself will even out your skin tone, cover small imperfections and mattify skin but if you really need that coverage you're probably better off looking into another bb cream. I have to admit as much as I prefer fuller coverage bb creams and foundations I really like this stuff! Mainly because it just wears so well. Zero oily build up, no flaking and no problems with it making me break out.Your skin feels soft after you apply it like when you apply a primer. One problem I do have however...is the smell. It smells JUST like baby wipes(which I guess is a cross between powder and  a flowery smell)! Not baby powder, not baby lotion. Baby wipes! Maybe that's why it's so soothing on sensitive skin? XD But you can't smell it after a while so it's not a major problem but it was something I was put off by at first.
Rating: 5/5 

Since this was a very natural looking bb cream I went for a more natural look. Milky Bunny look ahoy! Don't you judge me! lol
Paying homage to Tsubasa's pouty mouthed wink XD

10 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I'm glad there's a BB cream for oil control since I need that! I think I'll check this out sometime~ Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Most of them are good for skin that need moister but options for oil control bb creams are so limited :(

      Delete
    2. The best one I've found so far is Tony Moly's BB cream. I use it as a make-up base because it's too light for me.
      I have ordered the Baviphat BB cream and will be comparing it soon.
      Heres my review:
      http://supercrownjulz.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Make-up%20base

      Delete
  2. I love your hair in the second picture! : D So cute~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It' totally a wig though XD

      Delete
  3. Hey! when you put your hair up in a wig how do you make it so it doesn't show up lumpy? Not sure how long your real hair is, but mine is quite long and thick, so not really sure how to hide it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just put it in a low bun but my real hair isn't very long.

      I've seen wig caps work pretty well with long haired people though. Just bundle your hair up as evenly as possible and secure the wig cap over it.

      Delete
  4. What shade r u in Mac? I'm an nc15, so very pale. It's been a challenge to find a bb cream that I love that isn't too dark or too pink and grey for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm NC20-25 (usually a mix of the two). BB cream, for the most part, is pretty accommodating to fair skin as far as I can tell. It's usually people with dark skin that have trouble finding a bb cream, so I'm surprised to hear that.

      The grey ones are due to the high spf so you could look for one with a lower spf. I'm not sure about the pinkness or darkness though since I haven't come across that problem yet in any of my bb creams.

      Delete
  5. Hi dear ! thank you for your useful review :3 would you like to follow each other ? let me know ^.^
    http://mysecretkawaidream.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete