Monday, May 7, 2012

A Couple Of New Makeup Buys


Last week a got a couple of products that I've been enjoying a great deal. The first is the Prestige Waterproof Eyeliner in black.

I wanted this because I heard great things about it and the liner I had been using on my waterline, for lack of a better word, sucked. This one is not quite as pigmented as I had hoped but you can build it up to get it darker and it does stay on the waterline a lot longer than the Rimmel one I was using before. 
3/5

Then I got the Mehron Celebre HD Pro Cream Foundation. I have to admit I'm not very much swayed by celebrity endorsements... but my favorite makeup artists on Youtube? That's another story! XD I heard about this one in Wayne Goss's "Best Cream Foundations - Ever" video and this one was pretty cheap and came with an enormous amount for a cream foundation so I wanted to try it.
Light 3 (left) Medium 2 (right)

It's very opaque and creamy, a little goes a long way. This is probably going to last me a very long time. It's buildable in coverage, can go full coverage and can also be sheered out to look very natural and dewy if you want. I have to use a primer and set it with powder all over since I have combination/ oily skin. If you have dry skin you might not have to use much powder to set it, but probably still a little bit since it is a cream foundation after all.

The only thing I had trouble with this (and every foundation really) was finding a good color for my very neutral skin. These seem to be only in very warm and very cool tones so it didn't look like any one color was gonna fit me. First I tried Medium2 and it looked like it could be a good match in the jar...but it was a little masking and a little too pink. Now I mix Medium2 with Light3 for a great color match.
4/5

I know it's been a while since my last post but sometimes that cursed personal life of mine gets in the way of consistent posting. D:

2 comments: