Saturday, March 3, 2012

Half blonde, half pink and about damn time!

Finally, finally, FINALLY! I have some pink in my hair!

I've been saying I wanted to do this to my hair for like a year now. Well last week was as good a time as any to finally do it and now I have some pink in my hair. I had to sit with a sandwich bag over the lower half of my head (we were out of foil XD) for 2 hours and sat under my helmet dryer for the last 20 minutes to get this color.

I've  had this dye sitting around since November! But I was sure this dye (Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink) would have little to no effect on my medium blonde hair. I know because I did a strand test on my extensions XD and from what I've heard this is one of the colors where bleaching is a must. So it was mainly a matter of deciding when I wanted to lighten my hair enough so that it would be effected by the dye properly.
MOTD
I've made no secret of the fact that I adored Romihi's blonde on top/pink on bottom do from 2010 so when I saw some old pictures of her last week it reinvigorated my wanting this hair. 
Romihi's glorious hair.
Romihi also had some pink in her hair in 07 too. I was mainly shooting for the coloring in the last pic of the four above though.
Romihi in 07.

I think next time I'l try Special Effects Atomic Pink since it sounds like it works sooo much better. My hair would have to practically have been white to make it look like a cotton candy pink anyway with the Manic Panic. I don't know how long I'll keep this hair for though.

I figure after it becomes a pain to maintain or if I get tired of it I'll give it a light pink wash with the left over cotton candy pink I have, a la Rui's pretty pink- ish hair. Since I got a similar color on my extension piece, it just might work!

My curls are the product of overnight pin curls. After I put my hair through all this I think I'll go easy on the heat styling for a while.

11 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! It looks just like Romihi's in the lower right pic.

    I've also heard that Special Effects is better than Manic Panic. You mayknow already but LJ has a community for pink hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D I think that's the comm I kept ending up lurking when I was looking for a better pink dye. Every time someone asked about a better pink than Manic Panics the answer always seems to be Special Effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks really nice!
    Me and Lea tried twice to get blond over/pink under, but it never stayed for a longer time than 2 weeks D:

    ~Emi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so cute! I really want it TT^TT !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @EmixLea I know Manic Panic washes out pretty easily so I'm hoping Special Effects will stay longer.

    @Nana Thank you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it stays, it is really cute ! ^^

    ~Emi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it stays too *fingers crossed* but if it doesn't I can always redye it.

      Delete
  7. Wow I love your pink hair style :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ It's probably the first time I've actually liked my real hair XD

      Delete
  8. Cute! I love that look with the colour underneath~ And it's such a lovely pink.

    Yaaaa, Special Effects is much better than Manic Panic in terms of staying power and pigment (but I still love them both! XD). If you do end up getting Atomic Pink, let me just warn that it's SUPER bright pink. I did it as the bottom layer of my hair, then eventually my whole head a few years ago and it was... very vibrant. I even diluted it a little with conditioner first. And it stayed in really well. I've loved everything I've ever tried from Special Effects /end my two-cents/ XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your two cents it's nice to hear first hand accounts of things I'm interested in buying :)I like this style so the staying power would be good :D I've seen reviews of Atomic Pink and I probably would want to dilute a bit too. I hear with special effects regrowth becomes a problem before fading does and since it'd just be dyed underneath I think that'd be a pretty cool quality to have. It looks like it fades very well too. Goes from bright pink to medium pink and eventually a cotton candy pink without that orangey color other dyes get.

      Delete