Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hair Touchups and Such

MOTD
I've been a rotten blogger lately and haven't updated in a while. I also put off touching up my hair for a while but I forgot how bad and often my roots show when I dye it this light! The last time my hair was this light was back in '07. It's the only time I'm grateful for the fact that my hair grows so slow. Even so, I STILL have roots showing every week and half XD I know people might think maintaining hair this light would get pricey but it actually costs me less than $10 a month.
My bangs were bouncy today.

The last time I had hair this light I wasted a lot of money and dye using a whole box every time I touched up my roots like an idiot. Now I divide each box 4 ways and use one 4th of each part that comes in the box every time I need a touch up (by mixing the 4th into a mixing bowl instead of the bottle). That's all I need for my roots. I can't believe I never thought of doing this before XD It' SO penny pinching but it adds up! It's just how often the roots show that is the aspect of maintenance I find grueling.

Of course the Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink has faded so I touched up my roots and left it light blonde for a little bit because I couldn't find Special Effects Atomic Pink ANYWHERE it was "sold out" or "out of stock" everywhere :( So I got Jerome Russell Punky Color in Flamingo Pink to do the bottom with.

It didn't get as stellar reviews as Special Effects in terms of lasting power but I'm not waiting forever for them to get it back in stock. I just wanted half light blonde half pink hair for spring. It shouldn't be this hard to get my hands on the dye I want! >:O The reviews I saw of Flamingo Pink more often than not came out a purple-ish borderline red (but they were all on medium blonde hair though). So when I opened the jar and saw how intense the dye color was I diluted it by about 1 teaspoon of conditioner per tablespoon of dye I needed to go over the bottom half of my hair.
During the process lol

After Spring time I think I'll dial it down to a dirty blonde or something I little easier to maintain.
Jerome Russell Punky Colour in Flamingo Pink, in all it's vibrancy XD

 I always want to have colorful eye makeup when spring comes around XD And I always want to change out my perfume. I recently got my current favorite for spring Gucci Flora! I am so happy with it. It smells so nice. I've been wearing it everyday since I got it.
I'll try to get on some reviews or get around to styling my silver wig so my blog isn't so boring lol. Bye bye till next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment