Monday, March 12, 2012

Ebay bottom lashes.

This post is a brief look at the different styles of bottom lashes available on Ebay (you know, the ones that come in lots). Showing what they look like on and will hopefully be helpful to some people out there who are considering buying them. 

So since I recently received my order I thought I'd share, so you may see what style you like best!
I got 5 different styles and wore different pairs throughout the week(s).
006

First up! Style 006, these are just like an exaggerated version of natural bottom lashes. Something to add a little oomph or a lot of oomph if you have barely there lower lashes, naturally.
006's close up

Full face

030

Here is style 030, this is also a natural looking lash but a bit more sporadic in length. Again a good choice for people that don't want a very over the top eye makeup look.
030's close up
Full face


047
These are the 047 style, these are less natural looking with there inverted "v" pattern but once you put them on they blend right in with your real bottom lashes. I think next time I'll wear them with NO mascara on my bottom lashes as it distorts the pattern :(
047's close up
Full face

011

Here's the 011 style, a bit more dramatic than the previous styles. These have alternating bold and subtle points. I'd say these ones are my favorite style.
011's close up
Full face

F-09
And finally F-09. A good fit for heavier eye makeup or people who just like the pointed lower lash look.
F-09's close up.
Full face

I didn't get the 012 style this time because I already have those. That, and they look a LOT like the 006 style anyway. The only difference with these is that I cut about 1 cm off so they would blend with my real bottom lashes a little better.
012's close up.
Full face and the eyeliner I forgot I swatched on my hand XD

A note-worthy aspect of these lashes is that they are not bound to the clear strip at the ends(Like Diamond lashes) Rather, they are tightly knotted around the bands.
Close up of the band before it is cut to fit the eye
Close up of the knot work.
They can also be moved up and down the band so you can cluster them together and pull them apart where you like, making them into different styles entirely. I think this is a really cool factor but some may argue that this means they can be stripped from the band at will....and yes I suppose that's true but it can only be done deliberately. So it's not like they fall apart or come undone or anything.

 I think it's a great value for the money you pay especially when you take into consideration how pricey Diamond Lashes and Dolly Wink lashes can be over time. The bands aren't as comfortable but that's a fair trade off I'd say. The bands are a little stiff so you have to hold them down a little longer for the lash glue to adhere or else the sides pop up back and fourth XD That's pretty much the only bad thing I can say about them really.

17 comments:

  1. The bottom lashes looks pretty nice! It is good that it is clear, looks more natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True :) and they look even more natural if you cut a little bit off the inside corner (like I did with the 030's and 012's)

      Delete
  2. I actually looked at a few bottom lashes similar to these many mothers ago but I ended up passing because I just wasn't too sure about how they would look (I didn't want to risk ordering some only to get lashes that looked terrible) so this was actually pretty useful. Thanks for posting so many variations by the way. I really like 011.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy it helped :) The 011's are my favorites too!

      Delete
  3. I've bought cheap eBay lashes but never lower lashes. This is a very useful review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been toying with the idea of buying Diamond lashes, but if these are just as good then, I'll definitely try these out :) By the way - I tagged you in my "Questions about me" post - have fun! http://bexiescloset.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/questions-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Diamond Lash bands are thinner and more flexible but at $20 and up for 5 pairs the Ebay lashes are definitely worth looking into if you don't wanna spend that much.
      I don't know if I can do the tag though. Everyone I would have tagged seems to already have been tagged! D:

      Delete
  5. OH! I definitely have try that with nr.6! ^^

    ~Emi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those ones are the funnest to rearrange!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for making this, it's very helpfull.
    But should you first apply the black under your eye (i use an eyepencil or black eyeshadow for that, but i don't know what you use;p) and AFTER that the bottom lashes,
    or first apply the bottomlashes and after that apply the black under the eye? hmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I usually use a black gel liner along the outer 3/4 of the bottom of my eye then set it with a little black eye shadow and put the lashes on top of it. But depending on the look you want you may not have to put any liner underneath at all. The bands are clear so it's really up to you! :D

      Delete
  7. Do you have a link to the store? I want to try these! Always looking for better bottom lashes... I currently use Diamond lash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The store I bought mine from was topicshop but it doesn't look like they have any up for sale at the moment. Here's some from a seller with mostly good feedback.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pair-Natural-Lower-Bottom-False-Eyelashes-Clear-Band-/360379872707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item92aff343d0#ht_4905wt_1002

      Delete
  8. i like ur lense..
    and ur bottom lenses..its so gyarrrruuu..^^



    lollieplum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Memi. I've completely fallen in love with your style 030 eyelashes. I think them look very polish and natural at your bottom lashline. But, also, I've fallen in love with your upper eyelashes too. I do think they are the nicest natural looking upper eyelashes I've ever seen ;> I'd love to know where did you buy them coz I've been with pink eye since this saturday and I'm going to be for a while without been able to use mascara. I'll be checking your blog, so if you hopefully can reply me I would see the message.

    Sincerely,

    Kristin, from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO sorry it took so long to see this comment >_< The upper lashes on the 30's are just the basic ebay lashes(the top lash counterpart to these bottom lashes).They too come in a white box that looks much the same as the these lower lashes. I think this particular style is the FE14.

      Delete