Friday, February 24, 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara



Tonight I'm reviewing the L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara that I got a couple of weeks ago. I've been using it on a somewhat regular basis and so far I have mixed feelings about it. 
Bare eyes except for highlighter on the inner corners and mascara on the right.
Most of what I'm about to explain is easily seen in the picture above. Firstly, it can clump up pretty easily but it does give a lot of volume and length. But since I like gyaru makeup it won't be replacing my false lashes anytime soon XD The clumping might be because it's a "fiber mascara". I still use it because I wear false lashes on top so what mascara I use is pretty irrelevant.
Used this lash guard to apply it and comb it out.
With out false lashes on top it can look nice if you keep the coatings light and comb it out well. It does flake off a little bit after a while and can transfer to below your eye which is annoying as all hell. It does add quite a lot of volume and length but the clumping and flaking really take away quite a few points on this one. When you get down to it, the cons outweigh the pros in my book and I probably wouldn't buy it again unless it was on sale (like 30% off or more). It's so-so for me but if you can deal with some flaking and lots of clumping, go for it.
Volume: 7/10
Length: 8/10
Anti-Flake: 4/10
Anti-Clump: 3/10
Overall: 7/10
Gwen Stefani, looking beautiful. But still obviously wearing fake lashes.

And can we talk about the ad for a minute? All mascara ads really. This is something that has ALWAYS really annoyed me. How blatant cosmetic companies are about having their models wear falsies for mascara ads! But does even more so this time since this mascara claims to give you that false lash look. And they're STILL obviously very fake. Or maybe they thought they could pass it off as their "false lash effect". I don't expect my lashes to ever look like the ads but the problem is, if I can't expect that, I don't know what to expect. It's like "Hey our mascara is SO amazing! Just look how it enhances the false lashes she still has to wear!" XD It's something that has always irked me and apparently something they have done since the dawn of mascara. 
Check out the lashes on this ad.
I just don't get what the point is when it's always so obvious they have fake lashes on too :/ I mean, who knows what their lashes look like underneath? People aren't always going to wanna wear false lashes on top like in the ads and not everyone wants to look like they're wearing fake lashes either.( Not me, obviously. lol). Why can't they just show us what their mascara is really capable of ? 
Are they're any mascara ads that don't have the model sporting falsies?

No comments:

Post a Comment