Sunday, December 4, 2011

Projects of the Month (and other stuff from Oct-Nov)


No. I'm not dead. Well my computer charger broke a few weeks ago and I've been reliant on my mom's computer (which I can only use for up to an hour a day). I finally managed to get my charger replaced and thought it high time for an update.

Every month or so I have a few of these little projects that I'm in absolutely NO rush to finish XD...keeps the creative juices flowing and helps reinforce my d.i.y ethic lol Not really, just something to kill time with when I'm bored. I just work on it in small increments whenever I have a spare moment...or am really bored (Usually Sunday mornings are when I get the most work done on them).
Made Extensions
This past month I had a T-shirt and hair extensions to work on. And this week I finished up both of them.
Got these from Sally's in September and cut them into sections.
When I got bored again I folded and stitched each section.
 Then I got the clips and sewed them onto each section. I dyed these ones too  (NOT with a ash dye this time haha) since they were a bit too light for my hair and voila!

I believe I stole this pose from Sakurina XD
These are advertised as 18" but I measured them and they are actually 19". They add more length than I thought they would, especially when they're left uncurled.

Remade a Shirt
In the meantime I also had this Misfits tee from...idk some t-shirt shop for $8 it's been sitting around for ages and it's really big and prime material for DIY project.

First week I filled in the letters with hot pink fabric paint.
It took a LOT of fitting and self measuring to get it to fit well around the waist and chest. I still need to take in the waist a bit....bu I almost always do so that's nothing new.
Here's a rough cut of  the shape I wanted. I'm clearly no seamstress, so this is how I go about drawing up what I want it look like XD. I thought I webbed pattern back would be fitting for the horror punk theme.
  Very crude diagram I made in paint.
The "web" is made up of straps of fabric cut from the back, braided into small sections, sewn into a spiderweb-like formation and fitted the web according to how taut I wanted it to fit.

 However after I got it to the point of my original diagram I thought it was a little too plain and braided/sewed in more "web" pieces.
Finished back, clearly the waist needs to be taken in still.

But then after I got all that done...I kinda plateaued and didn't know what else I wanted to do with it. I felt like it needed something more but I just couldn't put my finger on what that was. Then another source of inspiration hit when I remembered seeing the crimson ghost in 2ne1's I Am The Best music video.

STUDS! I need studs!
Park Bom's actually looks like it has a layer of chain mail pinned around the band's logo but the studs of CL's jacket seemed more like a realistic option. So I bought a bunch of studs and whenever I was bored for the rest of the month I'd apply them section by section....God, it was tedious.

Finished front and back.

For the collar (which was formed of sleeve remnants fitted to my neck) I made a stud pattern. I had to line the collar with a piece of denim cut from some old pants, since tee shirt fabric isn't tough enough to stand as a neck piece and denim holds the studs much better. I still need to add another layer of backing to it because I don't like the studs rubbing against my throat. They aren't perfectly lined up isn't the imperfections part of the beauty of DIY porjects? No? Well, let's pretend it is anyway .
Collar with a little skull stud that I glued pink gems into the eye sockets at the center .


Got Some New Lenses
I also got my Barbie King Size grey's last month. 


My purchases with Pinky Paradise is a bit disappointing this time around...I put in the code to get the animal case and free gift. I got the case but no mystery gift :( Last time I got the actual Barbie brand this time I got the G&G BT brand. They're the same print at any rate though so that's okay. I finally got the elephant case that I've always wanted (in yellow too!). So I'm happy about that.

REVIEW
Comfort: 10/10
Design: 9/10 (not great for light eyes but if you have naturally larger pupils they can work)
Enlargement: 9/10
Color: 10/10
Overall: 9/10

Got Nail Art Pens
FINALLY, I got my nail art pens and nail glue!!! Three months I waited or these mofos! Got lost in the mail the first time and then i had to wait for a resend from overseas. SO annoying!
So I've been making nails like there's no tomorrow...or like there is a tomorrow and I have twelve hands that all need nails. My first set is kinda simple, since I haven't many ideas for my first set in months apparently. But they're okay I guess.

 I stopped wearing nails for a while since I got this ugly callous on the side of the nail bed and everyone thought it might be because of my nails. But then I didn't wear nails for three months and another one came up on my middle finger! So screw it, more nails it is! I think they might come from the way I hold books actually XD  

Let's see what else? Ah, I spent Thanksgiving with my family, of course. We set up the Christmas tree and watched Thanksgiving specials after we stuffed our faces.

I really should update more. Bye bye for now.



4 comments:

  1. Awesome projects~ Your hair looks beautiful, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you <3 I'm already working on this month's projects now XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cutee!!
    i really love your haiiiiir<3
    so adorable (><)


    http://lovely-gyaru-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete