Monday, December 12, 2011

3D Rudolph nails for Christmas and my second video :)


Some people have expressed interest in how exactly I go about making my sets of nails. So I made a little video showing exactly how I use polymer clay instead of acrylic powder for 3D designs. I got a HUGE lot of Fimo and Sculpy polymer clay last year off of ebay for a good deal...despite a nasty bidding war. So I'm pretty much set color-wise for making the pieces. However, if you want to try this and you don't have all the colors you want you can always just make the pieces and paint over them if you have the colors in paint/nail polish instead.


So here is my set of nails that has 3D pieces on every finger and just in time for the holidays! Clarice and Rudolph on the thumbs. Hermey and the Abominable Snowman on the index fingers. Santa and Yukon Cornelius on the middle fingers. Mrs Claus and Sam the Snowman on the ring fingers. Dolly and the Pink spotted elephant on the pinkies.


A Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer set! This set is based on the 1964 TV special. It just doesn't feel like the holiday season until I've watched this...and Home Alone lol XD


 I apologize if the instructions are a little fast moving in the video, but you can always pause it if you need to.


I was always bigger on sculpting than painting so this method works better for me. It gives me more control over the outcome of the design and the ability to do it over again if I royally screw it up. All before I even have to attach it to the nail! It may not be the method for everyone, but it's a method XD It only took about a half hour to do the whole set (minus baking time).

These usually last at least a week or two depending on your activities and the strength of your glue. Also, if you keep them clean you can always glue them back on ^_^ Well I hope you enjoyed and maybe you can try it out too! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed! They are so cute! :) The look so PRO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow, first time I visit your blog, it's soo cute. I think I'll follow thehe :3 those nails are well done! *---* so detailed.
    xoxo
    Keki

    ReplyDelete