Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Top 10 Elf Recommendations

I don't know why, but it seems that all I have reviewed this far makeup-wise on this blog are elf products. Possibly because I had a huge haul a while back and had to split it up into groups for review or maybe I'm just too lazy to review better things I get XD Anyway I haven't been able to do a proper update because I lost the cord to my camera and only found it today. So most of these pictures are cropped from preexisting pictures.

In any case I thought it would be fun to have a post about the cream of the crop. So these are my top 10 elf "must have" products. I own about 70% of what is available on the website (no lie) and these are what has worked out the best for me. So if you are looking for a good deal on makeup I'd recommend you try these out first.

10.Hypershine Gloss
Some these are pretty by themselves, but most are on the sheer side and don't show up as well as my favorites. I prefer to pair it with a lipstick for a milky pink or glossy nude. I can't recommend this product on a whole but just this particular color and the color "fairy" are enough for me to include it in my recommendations.
Favorite Color: Bubblegum 
Bubblegum, worn alone.
Bubblegum over Runway Pink lipstick
Bubblegum over Natural Nymph lipstick

9. Mineral Infused Primer
The start to a polished look is a nice even base, you need very little of this, and despite it's flaws ( like deceptive packaging and pump that pumps too much)  it is a really good primer. Gives your face a smooth finish so foundation applies evenly and fills in pores very well. I don't think I have a picture that can really illustrate this product in action. I am wearing it almost all of my recent pictures though.


8. Mineral Lipstick
Depending on what color you get these are, for the most part, a good buy. The darker colors last longer but the lighter colors are prettier, so it's kind of like a trade off.
Favorite Color: Runway Pink
7. SPF Powder
I happen to prefer this over the HD powder. Protects your skin from the sun and provides pretty good coverage to boot. Again it's difficult for me to find a picture that really shows how well this works. But take my word for it, it's good stuff!


6. Liplock Pencil
 I find myself using it almost everyday. It smooths out the look of the lipstick, keeps color from smearing and I do believe it does help the lipstick last longer. It's also clear so you can use it with any color! Here is a "before and after" shot of the pencil in action on the smeariest red I own. (yes there is still a small smear on the lower right hand corner of my lips, but that was totally my fault not the product)
See how it is no longer running above my cupids bow?


5.Under Eye Concealer& Highlighter
Works just as well as my MAC Moister Select  Concealer. Gives a good amount of coverage and the highlight side gives a very pretty iridescent glow that isn't glittery or too shiny.
4. Natural Radiance Blusher
If you're looking for a natural glow or a flush of color that is beautiful and not too over the top then this is for you. The best dollar you will ever spend on a blush.
Favorite Color: Shy
3. Super Glossy Lip Shine
 For a dollar you can not beat these. Lovely colors, nice shiny look also goes good over many lipsticks.
Favorite Color: Pink Kiss
Pink Kiss, worn alone.
2. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder
I love these because each of these has a use.
- Matte Bronze is great for contouring .
- Luminance is great as either a highlighter or all over bronzer for people with light skin that want avoid that "muddy" look you can sometimes get from a bronzer that is too dark but still want a glow.
- Warm Tan is like a dark Luminance it gives a nice glow and adds some color that sometimes genuinely looks like a tan .
- Sunkissed can be used as a shimmery blush or a flush of all over color and glow.
 Favorite Color: Love them all.
1. Studio Line Blushes
Stronger pigmentation than the Natural Radiance Blusher these can be used with a light hand for a natural look but are very buildable and are also great for people that want a very dolly made up look.
Favorite Color: Tie between Pink Passion, Peachy Keen and Gotta Glow

No comments:

Post a Comment