Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gyaru Manifesto Meme

I've noticed this going around on some of the blogs I frequent and thought I'd give it a go.

Name: Memi
Location: AZ,USA
Occupation: Student
Height: 167(ish)cm
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Olive greeny
Birthday: May 8th
First Discovery: I was about 14...15ish. So 2004, when I think Egg was announcing the return of the yamanba (new manba by this time) if I am not mistaken? I saw some pictures from an Egg magazine on my friend's myspace profile they were mostly of  Natsumi Yoshida and she was just as cute as button! These are some of the pictures she had up of her.

So that really sparked my interest, since before then I had seen random pictures of yamanba and ganguro before but I can't recall where exactly, and my general reaction at first was kinda..."What is going on here? 0_O" So I will always be grateful to Natsumi for making it so this look was not so intimidating for to me to learn about anymore. It would be a few more years of mere admiration for this style before I would actually try this look for myself.

Your Gyaru Style: I seem to have style A.D.D. I do take a great liking to Amekaji, Rokku and some of the cool laid back onee styles. I also had a big thing for Haady style back in the day.

Your Top 5 Gyaru Model Inspirations:
1. Romihi <3
2. Tsubasa
3. Chinatsu Wakatsuki
4. Sakurina
5. Maya Mori
* also love Natsumi Yoshida, Emika Kanda, Nana Suzuki, Nicole Abe, Aina Tanaka, Kaoru Watanabe and Kanako
Top 5 gyaru non-model inspirations:(kind of weird to say since I don't actually know any of them lol)
1.Pin
2. Mitsuko
3. Pai
4. Rebecca
5. Cale
And so many more...

Your 3 Favorite Gyaru Magazines:
1. Egg
2. Ranzuki
3. Ageha
The Top 6 Gyaru Brands you like best:
1. Cocolulu
2. W♥C
3. Glad News
4. TRALALA
5. Liz Lisa
6. Tutuha

5 of Your Favorite Coordinates:
  

Your 7 Favorite Fashion Items That You Own:
1.Circle lenses
2.Extensions
3.Nail deco supplies
4.Floral dresses
5.All of my Mickey mouse shirts XD
6.Leopard beret
7.Many hair bows
(I clearly have yet to buy gyaru brand clothes)

Top 10 Gyaru Fashion Goals:
1. Practice on my hair skillz
2. Wear my lenses more often
3. Get a tan
4. Invest in gal brand clothes
5. Try out different styles
6. Be more creative with cords
7.  Do my nails more often
8. Meet more western gals
9. Experiment with my makeup more
10. Go to a meet up

Top 5 Gyaru Achievements:
1. Deciding to follow this style more diligently
2. Realizing gal "rules" aren't as cut and dry as they may seem
3.Getting compliments from gals I admire
4.Becoming confident enough to go out in this style regardless of what people say/think
5.Stopped being chicken and posted on E_G lol

2 comments:

  1. you posted a lot of very lovely gals >w< I like sakurina the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely aren't they? Sakurina has such amazing style, hair and nails :D

    ReplyDelete